I have a 37 Aquos HD unit. When I connect my laptop to HDMI…

Customer Question
I have a 37" Aquos...
I have a 37" Aquos HD unit. When I connect my laptop to HDMI input #4 using a VGA to HDMI cable, and switch source to Input 4, the screen is blank. Laptop wont even detect that it is connected to an external display.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/20/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you have changed the input source of the TV to HDMI or HDMI 4 ?
Yes, I have changed the input source to HDMI 4.
Ok
Please let me know the exact make and model no. of the PC?
Dell Latitude E6400
use the combination of Fn + F7 to switch between display between the laptop screen and TV screen after you select the input type in TV and most important thing is that you have to select the correct resolution from the laptop if you can not do that then you will not be able to see the display in the TV.You can watch the video below to have some idead this is general video fro DELL laptops.