My 9520 photo scanner is not working...it makes a growling…

Customer Question
My 9520 photo scanner is...
My 9520 photo scanner is not working...it makes a growling sound. I have checked the lock/unlock switch. It is in the unlock position, but it sounds like it did when the switch was in the lock position.

It scanned once, i previewed, did not like the image, then tried again. This and subsequent times have been a completely black screen.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/20/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Yes unfortunately you are correct as you have told that the scanner makes growling sound it seems that scanner mechanism is jamming due to some reasons and you have repair the product from some service center.
The fact that I am correct doesn't solve the problem. It is Sunday. I need the scanner to work right now. Is there anything I can do?
OK
You can try but I don't know this will solve the problem or not because if the scanner motor is defective then you can not do anything if possible then remove the scanner glass and try to move the scanner light with hand do this few times and check that if something is loose af doing this power on the scanner and check the issue.If the problem persist then the motor seems to be defective and in that case you can not do anything in home.
I'll try it, but it will take a few minutes. If it works i'll accept, otherwise the visioneer people are who I need to talk to.
OK No problem