Hi i have a e-machine D620,every time i try to log on with…

Customer Question
Hi i have a e-machine...
Hi i have a e-machine D620,every time i try to log on with my pass word it logs straight off,,,,any clue what i need to do thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/20/2010
Tech Support Specialist: abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Hi there,

Could you find out whether the same behaviour happens in safe mode as well ?

The method to get into safe mode depends on which version of Windows you have. You didn't include this information in either of your questions.

This webpage has details for every version of Windows:

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

For Windows XP or Windows Vista:

1) If the computer is running, shut down Windows, then turn off the power, wait 30 seconds, then turn the computer on.

2) Repeatedly tap the F8 key about twice a second (about twice as fast as a heartbeat). The Windows Advanced Options Menu will appear. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. If this happens, restart the computer and try again, but wait a bit before tapping.

3) Select Safe mode option using the arrow keys, then Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

4) When you are finished with troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer normally.

If your computer has a different Windows OS then there is a slightly different procedure.

Note that booting into Safe Mode is just a diagnostic procedure. It doesn't actually fix any problems.
hi it is vista basic,,,,i have tried it in safe mode and the cursor will not move??

try ctrl+alt+del ?

does it bring task manager ?
yes???

Let us try a system restore which will take your computer to a position before this happened.

Once you are in safe mode , do the following :Start > All Programs>Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

If you cannot do that, from task manager, click file and then new task , enter

c:\windows\system\restore\rstrui.exe

Then you can follow the instructions given here(For Windows XP) and given here ( for Vista)about how to do that. See the part of restoring to an earlier point, we want our system to be back to the stage before this problem occurred. System restore will not delete any files , it will just change the settings.
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Hi just restored it and now it has a start up problem,,,it is saying this start up repair can not fix this problem<<< and then it shuts down ????