Hello, please can you help me. My computer wont boot past…

Customer Question
Hello, please can you help...
Hello, please can you help me. My computer won't boot past Dell screen - the diagnostic status has not indicated any problems.

MY PC is Intel Pentium 4 Processor: 2.66 GHz. Level 2 Cache: 512 KB Integrated. BIOS Version: A00. Service Tag: 90LPS0J

Additional Details
the problem is I can't get pass the start up,it won't load at all..
this part:
http://www.batesline.com/archives/DellBoot.JPG

I tried to turn it on again,it did,but soon shutted off again...and I just kept repeating this,where when I turn it on,it just runs for like 3 secs and dies down... So I left it for a while,cause it might be overheating. Then I turned it off again, Now when I turned it on,it shows the dell start up thing, and the status bar doesnt move,it won't load at all..

I have no idea what to do next. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/20/2010
Tech Support Specialist: technical114, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
technical114
technical114, Computer Support Specialist
Hello there.
Could you please copy me what is the screen saying the moment that stops?

Edited by technical114 on 6/20/2010 at 12:51 PM EST
The screen does not say anything. When I start the PC it stops uploading at the Dell screen, nothing else happens, and Windows won't start. I can hear the hard drive is still working in the background, but the screen is black. I can do F2 and F12.
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please open up your computer and take out one of the RAM Modules. (make sure computer is off first).

Then start the computer. Test this with each RAM module until you find the faulty one.

If you need any additional information, or have continued difficulties, please let me know

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately, I am not a computer expert and have never opened up a computer before! Is there anything else I can do - at F2 or F12 stage?

This is due to a hardware fault and will either be the RAM, BIOS or Motherboard.

Unfortunately, all troubleshooting steps will require you opening the computer.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this, then I recommend you to take it into a computer repair shop so that they can perform these trouble shooting steps (or have the computer replaced under warranty if possible)

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Relist: Question not resolved..
Question not resolved.