we havent used our laptop for a long time and now we cant…

Customer Question
we haven't used our laptop...
we haven't used our laptop for a long time and now we can't remember the password XXXXX get into it what can we do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/19/2010
Tech Support Specialist: RPI Solutions, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

What version of Windows does it have?

Robert Preston :

Is it the Windows password XXXXX can't remember?

Customer:

It is windows vista and yes it is the windows password XXXXX can't remember

Robert Preston :

Ok. You can either reinstall Windows using the recovery image or recovery disc

Robert Preston :

Or

Robert Preston :

you can try using Ophcrack to crack the password

Robert Preston :

You can download Ophcrack here:

Robert Preston :

Click Here

Robert Preston :

Get the Ophcrack Vista CD on that page

Robert Preston :

Then burn it to a CD

Robert Preston :

Boot off of it on the laptop

Robert Preston :

then use it to crack the password

Customer:

how do we reinstall using the recoery image ? I don't think we have a recovery disc

Robert Preston :

Who's the manufacturer?

Customer:

your answer seemed to complicated for us and we don't have a recovery disc so we figured out something else and it worked what will we be charged if we accept your answer and is our deposit refundable ? that is what i understood

Robert Preston :

Hi, you already placed a deposit so if you click accept you will not be charged anything else. It would just be transferred.

Robert Preston :

I did give you the correct answer, and was going to elaborate further but you left in the middle of our discussion.

Robert Preston :

When I asked for the manufacturer.