I cant get my e-mails or send e-mails now for about a week…

Customer Question
I can't get my e-mails...
I can't get my e-mails or send e-mails now for about a week and I'm frustrated. Please help me by calling me or e-mailing me [email protected] I'm a novice and need clear step by step instructions. My phone number is XXXXX in Oregon.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/19/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
B.Rath :

Who's your email provider, and what's the email program you are using?

Customer:

Incredimail Incredimail2 is program

B.Rath :

Okay ..do you get any error code/message when trying to send/receive emails?

Customer:

Charter is my computer internet provider

B.Rath :

Customer:

Yes it says ERR invalid user name or password

B.Rath :

Okay ..now, please access the Charter webmail page, using the following link:

B.Rath :

http://www.charter.com/myaccount

B.Rath :

Can you login to the same using your email address and password?

Customer:

How do i do this and still keep you in chat?

B.Rath :

Just add this page to your bookmarks, and you will be able to get into chat later on.

Customer:

I don't know how to do bookmarks

B.Rath :

Is there a Favorities option present in your browser?

Customer:

Yes

B.Rath :

Please click on that, then click Add to Favorities

Customer:

Did that and found charter account on favorites also.Can i access that?

B.Rath :

Yes, please access that, and check if you can login to your email account that way.

Customer:

It won't let me in. Says security certificate presented by this web site was issused for a different website. Wants me to close and not use again

B.Rath :

Did you use the following link
http://www.charter.com/myaccount

Customer:

I tried but there are several different sites I do know that charter gave me a new password XXXXX week when i was trying to get this solved. It's georgie12 and i can't remember if they gave me a new id. Try XXXXXXXXXX or [email protected] .net

B.Rath :

I see; now, did you change the password XXXXX the new one, in Incredimail itself?

Customer:

No just to Incredimail. I'm so frustrated I think I should just get rid of Incredimail and do hotmail or something else that's much more simpler.

Customer:

Sorry I meant to say just to charter not to incredimail

B.Rath :

Okay ... Open Incredimail and click on Tools in the menu bar. Select Accounts.

Select your account and click on Properties.

Click on the Server tab. Clear the password XXXXX and remove the check beside Remember password. Click on OK and click on Close.

Click on File and select Close. The next time you open Incredimail, you will be prompted to enter a password.

Just enter your new password, and check if you can access your emails all right now.

Customer:

i can't open Incredimail It automatically goes to e-mail and there is no tool bars . If i can get on tool bar on my desk top there is no section with accounts

Customer:

I tried to get on Incredimail and all it comes up is e-mail and won't connect. No tool bars and if i can get on tool bars there is no accounts

Customer:

I'm sorry but you have not responded in quite some time and I have to leave my computer now Please have some one contact me tommorrow as this prolbem is not resolved.

B.Rath :

Can you see the Tools tab itself, in Incredimail?