Hi! I cant find the power cord for my Maxtor One touch, so…

Customer Question
Hi! I can't find...
Hi! I can't find the power cord for my Maxtor One touch, so I'm using my computer cord. However, the button in the front keeps flashing on and off continuously, and my computer isn't recognizing the maxtor. Can you please help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Satchi, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

You can purchase it from below

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Maxtor-OneTouch-Personal-Storage/dp/B002RURFGS

Thanks & Regards

Satchi

Satchi,

Thanks so much.

I think the other power cord is working, but I don't know why it's flashing on and off. I'm also really confused as to why the computer isn't recognizing the maxtor.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Allison

Okay

after connecting

right click the computer >>Manage

click on disc management

and check there it is detcted or not
It doesn't show up there.
Okk

Have you tried changing USB cord

and also have you tried on another computer ?
yes. it said a device it did not recognize was attached. now it's saying the device has malfunctioned.
Ok

what happened when connected to another computer ?
that's what it said when connected to another computer (what I typed above) It says "one of the usb devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it". When connected to this computer, nothing pops up at all.
OK

That means the hard disk itself is faulty

is it under warranty if yes ..pls contact for replacement
I don't think it is. I've had it for a couple years. So, I need to replace the whole thing?
Yes ...

but you can recover data

by removing the harddisk from its casing and purchase another USB casing and put the harddisk into that and connect to computer

Wow - you must think I'm smarter than I am to know how to do that!

Thanks for your help. Looks like I'm now in the market for a new external hard drive.

ooo

SOrry to say ...yes
Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Please last try

change the USB cable and try again to connect to computer