I cannot get an older game to work on windows 7

Customer Question
. Specificallly Warcraft 2. I...
I cannot get an older game to work on windows 7 . Specificallly Warcraft 2. I have tried multiple Compatibilities, but it just comes back with I need a CD in the CD-Rom, when it already has it in there.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/19/2010
Tech Support Specialist: LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
LeGin
LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer

You can download the Windows Update. The Update name is “KB976264?. go through the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=359f60ba-c901-4fbf-9273-142877eb2083&displaylang=en

Also go through the link below : http://windows7themes.net/how-to-run-old-games-and-programs-on-windows-7.html

Thanks
when trying to apply that update, it tells me that the update is already installed on the computer, is there a way i can uninstall it and reinstall it, then trying running the game again?
this link should help, it same for vista and win 7.

http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-uninstall-Windows-Vista-updates