i need your help! i have a word document that i have saved…

Customer Question
i need your help! i...
i need your help! i have a word document that i have saved on a flash drive.
well i was working on it last night and i somehow knocked off my flash drive.
i put it back in to the laptop and continued working...
as i saved my document, then reopened it later... the format is wrong...
it is showing blocks and other stuff... it totally messed up my document...
is there a way to format it back to the original way??
PLEASE HELP!!!!
IN DESPERATE NEED!!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/18/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Hello Sir/madam,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Could you confirm that if you want to format the USB stick (flash drive) attached to the computer. Not, every information on the flash drive would be deleted.

not sure i understand...

can you please elaborate

Is this device a small stick connected to the computer?

If yes and we format it all of the data inside it would be deleted.

oh... lol... sorry... yes it is a flash drive (small stick)

i dont need the whole stick reformatted... only that one document...

i did check the other documents that i have saved on it and they are all ok...

what happened is that the document that i was working on is showing up weird as i open it...

and it didnt affect the whole document it only affected the beginning part of it...

the end of my paper appears in normal font and nothing looks wrong with it...

can i still fix it????

please tell me i can.....

yolie

ANY LUCK WITH MY PROBLEM????

Yolie

Alright, click Start, click My computer or computer. Now, you will see an icon for this flash drive. Please double click it and check its contents. Now, right click on the document you want to delete and click Delete. It would be deleted.

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.

sorry but this didnt resolve my problem...

i dont want to delete my document - as i need it because it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!!

if i delete it... then i lose all the hard work i put...

all i wanted to do was fix the document...

This document is also on your computer. Right. If yes, please open this document on the computer and check how it works. Or if it is not on the computer, please tell me where did you get this document from. Any source of the document.
After going to My Computer, Right click the Removable drive, Go to Properties >Tools. Run Error Checking and Scan for errors and fix them.

you can check the link given below:

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2005/08/fix-format-usb-flash-drives/