I am using WP5.1. Not an option to use anything else. The…

Customer Question
I am using WP5.1....
I am using WP5.1. Not an option to use anything else. The problem is I have macros and I have messed one of them up and don't know how to fix it. Script files?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/18/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Brett Philp, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Brett Philp
Brett Philp, Computer Support Specialist
Can you describe the specific problem with your script, perhaps some background as to what it does in your document etc?
Can this wait until tomorrow or MOnday, please? Thank you. XXXXX get back with you and try to explain the whole thing.
Sure thing just respond to this post with details. Or you can request me specifically through the Just Answers interface next week.
I think this was accidentally sent; if not, let me know and I'll try again. Thanks.

Okay, let's try to explain this. My script files are short-cut files using the squiggle key! They are in macros and go from script01 to script09. The one that I cannot repair is script 08. This is what it says at the very top (which makes the thing work correctly):

ONERRORCALLrestore~~CALLVARIABLE~RETURN

LABELrestore~CHAINscript09~RETURN. This is what it is supposed to say:

ONERRORCALLrestore~~CALLVAR1!RETURN

LABELrestore~CHAINscript09~RETURN

I just realized what I call the squiggle key is really the expandable key!
Ok so what is stopping you from editing the script?
I can only edit it so far; the pulldown menu has a variety of things such as RETURN, LABEL, etc., VARIABLE, but not VAR1! And it won't let me type it in. I'm lost! Thanks.
WP51 is pretty old but here's a guide that will help you with editing your macro http://www.shkatz.com/macrotut/04_editing.htm#4. Also note the larger guide is available at http://www.shkatz.com/macrotut/tofc.htm

The first link opened, but didn't give me an answer. My script files will let me open them, but the main macro will not! I am using WP5.1 which has been adapated for use in Windows XP. Does that help? The second link doesn't open. Thanks

It just occurred to me. do you have Log-Me-In?

Sorry remote connections isn't permitted through Just Answer. Please review the material I provided and let me know where it doesn't make sense.
Nope! Sorry. Are you allowed to call me? XXX-XXX-XXXX? Thanks.
Sorry there can be no direct contact other than this interface for privacy purposes. I'll opt out at this point and perhaps another expert will be able to direct you further.