i own a copy of Office Home and Student 2007. on June 6 2010…

Customer Question
i own a copy of...
i own a copy of Office Home and Student 2007. on June 6 2010 i bought a lap top and after setting it up had to return it because it had a faulty keyboard. I had used my second licenced copy of Office. i then replaced the first laptop with my current Sony Laptop. I used my third copy of office on the new Sony. i then ran into a problem because I had to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows professional and run Windows XP within Windows Professional because of compatability problems. I use the laptop to drive PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) applications which at this time do not work with Windows 7 or Windows Professional. Please help me with this problem. I can send my product Key # XXXXX you should that be necessary.
Mike Yarkony
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/18/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Just to be clear, you are having difficulities with the profuct key for Office Home and Student 2007 on Windows 7?

No

The problem is that my original copy of office was licenced for three computers but because of a faulty computer I used up one of my licences.

Then because of a software compatability problem; PLC programs do not run on Windows 7 or Windows Professional. The computer I just bought runs Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows Professional and then run Windows XP within Windows Professional. I now another licence to enable Windows XP to run Office 2007.

I have to leave now. Can we comntinue this later or tomorrow? can I have your email address?

Sorry we can't give out email address.

The solution though is that you need to have it activated via telephone. To do so, follow the below instructions please

Activate by using the telephone: You can call an Activation Center and activate your product using the help of a customer service representative.

Telephone activation may take longer than activation through the Internet. You should be at your computer when you call, and you should have your software Product Key available. Telephone numbers for Activation Centers vary by product license and country/region. Use the number provided on your Activation Wizard screen to call the Microsoft Activation Center.

Important: Activation Center numbers are not listed in this article because there are many numbers, and the correct number for you is based on several factors. Microsoft software can be obtained under various licenses, including individual retail licenses, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) licenses, and volume licenses. Telephone contact numbers vary by license and country/region. In step 2 of the Activation Wizard, use the number provided to call the Microsoft Activation Center.

1. In the Activation Wizard, select the country/region where you reside and where you plan to use the product. The wizard provides one or more telephone numbers.
  2. Call the Activation Center. The customer service representative asks you for your installation ID (displayed on your screen) and other relevant information. After your installation ID is verified, you receive a confirmation ID.
  3. In the Activation Wizard, type the confirmation ID in the spaces provided at the bottom of the screen, and then press ENTER.

Please let me know if you continue to have difficulties

Can I put this on hold?

i need to leave

[email protected]

no problem.

Press CTRL+D and this page is in your favourites to come back at a later time

Relist: I received an answer that was essentially irrelevant. At no time did I authorize the payment. My understanding was that payment would be made only in the event that I was satisfied with the answer. This was no help to me>.
I received an answer that was essentially irrelevant. At no time did I authorize the payment. My understanding was that payment would be made only in the event that I was satisfied with the answer. This was no help to me>