SOMEONE IS SENDING UNWANTED EMAILS TO MY CLIENTS USING MY EMAIL…

Customer Question
SOMEONE IS SENDING UNWANTED EMAILS...
SOMEONE IS SENDING UNWANTED EMAILS TO MY CLIENTS USING MY EMAIL ADDRESS. IT APPEARS THAT THEY GOT INTO MY EMAIL ADDRESS FLIE AND USING MY CLIENTS EMAIL TO SELL THEIR PRODUCTS. WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS.

CHRIS
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/18/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

it seems your account has been compromised, I suggest you for changing your password XXXXX security questions, then do a full virus scan. It would be wise to inform your contacts that you didn't send it and not to click any links, because it is a virus.
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

This is most likely due to an infection on your computer.

To stop this behavior please do the following.

Download (for free) the following programs. Install them and perform a full scan to remove the infection. They will remove any Malware or Spyware you may have causing this

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Then in your email account, you need to change your security question as well as your alternate email address in addition to changing your password XXXXX they cannot regain access.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any additional information