Hi My Hotmail acct has been hacked into dispite have a firewall…

Customer Question
Hi My Hotmail acct has...
Hi My Hotmail acct has been hacked into dispite have a firewall and virus checker. Who-ever has dont this has changed my password XXXXX private question so I cant get back into it. My husband asked me about an Email he received saying I had been mugged and robbed and could he help me to get back home. The same Email had been sent to everyone who is in my address book and the same with my face book account. with in an hour and half a reply was sent back to my husband asking him to send money via western union. So who-ever has even re-routed my e-mails. I have hospital appointments and dates I need to have telling me when I have to change my injections each month. I am very concerned that if I go into my online banking will that information be sent to them. How safe am I with my online banking and is there anyway to get my hotmail acct back. Iris Hume
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/18/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

The only method available from Microsoft to report this and regain access to your account is via the below link

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Microsoft take security seriously so please be as detailed as possible with your information. They may not immediately respond, but they will action this for you (generally within a few days).

Once you have access to your account, please immediately change your password, security question and alternate email address. Do not use any other website apart from the one I gave, others a fake.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

It seems the previos expert has not read your question. You clearly mentioned that they have changed your security questions.

So If you have neither a secondary email address associated with your Windows Live Hotmail account nor a secret question (or a satisfying answer to it):
  • Use the Windows Live ID Validation form.
    • Provide as much detail as possible so Windows Live Hotmail support can connect you to your account without doubt.

Hi there,

aplogies for the duplication from the other expert.

Please follow through with my initial instructions.

It seems the previos expert has not read your question properly. You have clearly mentioned that they have changed your security questions.

Hi I have already tried that Link and they have changed my secondary address as well. I followed you're other advice anly to find it is one of the other sites I have already been into So regrettably youre advice hasnt helped me at all.

Iris.

I opt out so that other experts may help you.

Hi there Iris

I'm very sorry but this is the only option Microsoft provide to resolve this problem.

Please do not try other sites as these are fake.

I understand it is not nice that this has happened, but unfortunately this is the only option available.

If you require any additional information from me, please do not hesitate to ask.

Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

I have some Advice..

something no one has told you..

Immediately,, change your Banking password XXXXX secret questions..

Log in,, and remoge the hotmail email address from your banking account online..

DO THIS NOW.. or you will find your account hacked there as well and god knows wat else..

On a lesser note..

You also mentioned that Facebook contacts are being messaged

Immediately log into facebook and change your password, your email address .. And also.. your secret answers and questions..

They have access to your facebook thats how they are sending your FB contacts replies..

Now.. None of these two experts has told you the hard truth..

One.. Contact microsoft all you want.. You will probably never regain control of your account.. Its a free account and companies dont get around to free accounts with any sort of quickness..

two... all this hacking could signify a serious infection on your computer..

So in case you have a trojan that is stealing all your passwords.. please immediately follow the steps below so we can clean your system of the viruses that are probably rampant at this point

Please go to the link below and download the free version of malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You will have to click through a few windows, make sure to only download malwarebytes, the file name that will download is called mbamsetup.exe

Once downloaded, install and run the file.. When you run it, have it do a quickscan..

Let me know if it finds any infected objects.. then have it remove what it finds..

Time is of the essence and you need to act fast before you lose control of more accounts ...