Is Security Master AV part of my McAfee. Its telling me Im…

Customer Question
Is Security Master AV part...
Is Security Master AV part of my McAfee. It's telling me I'm unprotected but Mcafee says I'm ok
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/18/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Santonu, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist

Are you getting the following screen ?

graphic

Please also let me know the name of your operating system like Windows XP, Vista etc

Thanks

windows vista
I am getting the reply screen
Security Master AV is a rogue antispyware program and it is not part of McAfee.

Use the following steps to remove infections:

1 Use the following link to download trial version of Malwarebytes' Antimalware (do not purchase anything)

(If you are unable to download Antimalware from the affected computer, then you will need to download it using a working computer and move it to the affected computer using a flash drive or CD.)

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

Click on green colored Download Now button

Once downloaded, Install it.

Start the programs and scan your computer.

Select Perform quick scan, click on Scan

When completed, it will give you the option to Remove Selected (if it finds any infection)

When completed, restart the computer.

You may need to run Antimalware a couple of times to remove the infections.

2 If the above fails, restart the computer and repeatedly tap the F8 key (you need to press F8 before windows starts to load)

A menu should appear. Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter

Once in Safe Mode with Networking, start Antimalware and run a scan.

The following guide will provide removal instructions for Security Master AV :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-master-av

Scroll a little and goto the section Automated Removal Instructions for Security Master AV using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

If the above fails, let me know so that I can follow up further.