my printer was not communicating with my computer. I tried…

Customer Question
my printer was not communicating...
my printer was not communicating with my computer. I tried to uninstall and reinstall. however, each tome the installation fails.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Brett Philp, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Brett Philp
Brett Philp, Computer Support Specialist
What is the make/model of the printer and what kind of connection does it have to your PC? Also what is the operating system you're using?
2007 HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One USB connection
What is your operating system?
Windows Vista
The following fix was issued by HP for network connected OR USB connect printers like yours. Let's try this first please follow the instructions at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01893360&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3192753
Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

I know you have uninstalled the printer many time. But try that in the following way.
A simple reset of the printer might solve your problem.
To rest the printer Go the control panel by clicking on the Window Start button. Then go to program/add remove programs. There you need to find your printer in the list and uninstall that. After uninstallation, restart the computer. And unplug your printer for 5-10 minuts. Now install the printer driver. Hope this will make you printer working. If that does not work , it seems to be a hardware problem

Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome.

Can you please do the following.

Uninstall the printer and restart the computer

Keep pressing F8 until a menu appears. Choose Safe Mode from the menu.

When windows has loaded, please install the printer as you normally do.

Then restart windows normally and test.

Please let me know if you continue to have difficulties

Please ignore the interuption of the another expert. Safe mode installation will not do anything. As I know you have uninstalled the printer many time. But try that in the following way.

I still am receiving a "installation failed" message. The original home page for the printer is missing. but I can now use my printer. I agreed to pay $18 and am willing to do that even though y printer is not completely installed. And I thank you. I agreed to pay $18, but I see that $43 was deducted from my account. Please let me know why this has happened and refund the additional $25. Thank you.

Hi there,

I see you have 4 questions opened which resulted in the charge.

If you use the following link, you can request refunds on the below two questions

www.justanswer.com/refund.aspx

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/29ook-when-i-click-on-printer-in-the-control-panel-i-see-only

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3mzw2-my-printer-was-not-communicating-with-my-computer-so-i-uninstalled

Regarding your question. Its good to see it is now working. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know