I have been trying to get though to 800 # for the las few days…

Customer Question
I have been trying to...
I have been trying to get though to 800 # XXXXX the las few days to get an id #, so that I can unfreeze my Office Basic program. I have also tried the 509 are code # XXXXX there isn't any answer or busy signal. I resently purchased a new computer. ad wanted to put my program on it, and now i can't even get through to any one for assistance.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Modern Methods, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Modern Methods
Modern Methods, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thanks for selecting JustAnswer. Please allow me to make your day better. Thanks

If this fixes you problem please click the accept button.

Where are you trying to call. Would this be your computer manufacture. You office basic program, has frozen you said. Was this a new computer software which requires you to purchase it after a prorated time frame.

The # XXXXX have been calling is the # XXXXX gave 1.XXX-XXX-XXXX or 1.XXX-XXX-XXXX via the notce that I need ad ID # XXXXX It thinks I've install the program to many times. I just purchased this new omputer, and decided touse the program I had on my old computer rather then purchase a new one.
Sure this should not be a problem. When you attempt to install the office program, and put in the serial number for the office software, and it does not works; try and create another user on the computer, and attempt to reinstall the software under another user, see if this works, and if it does, something may be wrong with your profile.
It apears you are not able to get the ID # XXXXX me. Since you work for mircosoft I thought you would be able to help since you can't can you at least tell me who can?

Sorry, you are having an issue with your microsoft software. Another question, I wanted to ask you was, did your software come with your older your computer, or did you purchase it seperatly. If it came with your older computer as a package, you could be facing a copyright issue. If you bought it seperatly, you needs to contact microsoft, by going to the microsoft website, and look for the updated contact information.

It has been so long since I purchased my last computer, but I think it the office software came already installed,but I paid for it as an add on to the price they just installed before delivering the computer. Iit was a Dell and it was a mail order.

Great, this is what I am looking for. The software you purchased came as a OEM software. Meaning software from the manufacture. Usually when this happen the software is a direct connection with the serial number of the older computer, and since it was part of Dell's package it may require you to call Dell. I see some frustrations for you down the road with this software, but if it is worth it you can can Dell, and give them the serial number on the computer, and see if they would release the software. Microsoft, I am afraid may not be able to help you, even though it is their software, it was purchased thru one of their vendors.

This still doesn't explain why we can't yet though to the 800 # XXXXX why the other # XXXXX't answer.

Please try and contact Dell. I am feeling a lot of your frustrations will likely be resolved. I can try to assist you further if you would like.