I have Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition for several years.

Customer Question
No problem until today....
I have Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition for several years. No problem until today. Don't know what I did, but when going to a photograph and clicking on to fix (crop, etc) a message comes on saying "Searching for missing file. To locate file yourself click Browse. I do that and an unknown small red icon appears below center on the photo. The P number does not correspond to the photo shown but refers to another photo somewhere else. I'm afraid to try to delete anything. How do I get rid of this feature and go back to the orginal program?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Peter, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Peter
Peter, Computer Support Specialist
Hello and thank you for choosing justanswer.com

First thing to try is a system restore, this will undo any system/software changes that may have occured.

You stated that this problem started today, I would suggest going back to yesterday or the day before for the restore then.

Start > Program Files > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Click restore computer to an earlier time and select a point on the calendar to restore to. It will reboot and then see if it works, if not the next step may be to take the photoshop disc and do a repair installation.

Let me know how this works for you.