My computer went down & now I cannot re install my copy of…

Customer Question
My computer went down &...
My computer went down & now I cannot re install my copy of your Total Protection. My order #cs743749832 , dated 6/26/2010
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you please explain the issue you facing on the computer now?
-What operating system are you using?
-Did you make any changes on the computer?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
My comp. lost system 32 ,my son tried a restore on it but iy just went blank. when i recieved the backup disc i ran it but i donot have my protection
Please tell me about your security.
They said my other protection expired & was out of date so i got Total Protection in its place but now i can't reload it
Hello Sir/madam,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. However, in case I am running out of ideas, I will transfer it to other experts.

Total Protection is Mcafee security. Is this Correct?

If you have a disk of the Total Protection, please install it using the disk.

However, if you do not have the disk, please follow the steps give below:

Please click on the link given below.

http://tinyurl.com/6acnzd

Now, type in your email address and password.

If the password XXXXX to be incorrect, pleas click Forgot password XXXXX enter your email address under it.

Now, login to the email and you will an email about mcafee password.
You can copy the password XXXXX use it again at the Mcafee login page. Now, you will get all of the details of your subscription.

If you get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Virusscan will not let the password XXXXX come through
Please tell me if you are able to boot up to the desktop of the computer and able to see icons on it.

Also do you have a disc for total protection, mcafee?
There are a few of the icons . the only serch i have is internet explorer
do you have a disc or cd for total protection, mcafee?

Yes i hav the backup disc, that is how i got this far

What i need is to reinstall themcafee program i paid for

What else can i tell you? i know verry little about these things
Please click on the link given below.

http://tinyurl.com/6acnzd

====
It said " link not avalable"
Please download Mcafee as under:

Visit the link given below:

http://home.mcafee.com/Store/FreeTrial.aspx

Now, scroll it down and click "30 days Free Trial- Try Now".

On the next page, please fill up the info like you name, email address. Now, click I agree.

Now, on the next page, scroll down and click Download Trial.

Now, we are downloading Trial. You will receive a key from mcafee. Once you enter that key in the trial , it will be validated.

If you like the solution and you get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
It tells me i can't get the 30day trial
The little red box said NO

http://tinyurl.com/6acnzd

If the password finds to be incorrect, pleas click Forgot password XXXXX enter your email address under it.

======
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

The issue you are having.. which i can help you solve in a few short minutes.

Is that mcafee needs to be completely uninstalled first..

And you need a special tool to do so..

The free tool is included on the link below

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

the link to download it is under step 2

once downloaded.. You must run the mcafee removal tool.

it will remove all traces of mcafee.. and it will restart your computer..

Afterwards.. simply use the disk you have to install the version on the cd you just paid for..

And you will be good to go.

If my answer helps,, please click accept on this answer..

And leave some feedback..

Thank you.. And i will be standing by to assist as neccesary.

Please ignore the tech who has provided you with wrong steps.
I wont argue with a Junior expert..

None of his solutions have worked.. Because they are wrong..

If they had worked. Youd have already accepted and the issue would be fixed..

This is not a guess. I read over your posts back and forth..

Im here help you actually solve this problem.. If you want the help..

Or you can continue with your previous expert..

either way I dont mind what you choose..

As long as someone starts giving you the right answers..
What are the new prospects you have in mind?
Will i be able to transfur this program to a new computor?
Please use the link given below:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/McAfee-VirusScan.shtml

Now, click Download. On the next page, click External Mirror. Now, click Run and install it.

My apologies for the delay.. You didnt respond for an hour i figured you were tired of dealing with two experts..

I would like to help you.. But its hard to do so with the other expert constantly suggesting the same steps..

I have a question?

did you follow my first instructions to install and run the mcafee removal tool..

if you have not, then please do the following before anything else.. Thanks

mcafee needs to be completely uninstalled first..

And you need a special tool to do so..

the link to download it is under step 2

Untill this is done.. Mcafee isnt going to install;... And sandy the other expert will just keep suggesting you try to install Mcafee from a dozen different download sources..

Which doesnt seem to be working for you..

i would ask that you opt out the expert you dont want to help you..

That way the other can..

Send a reply when you can...

Thank you again.. my goal is to solve your issue and make sure you are satisfied with the overall service here at just answer..

Let me know what youd like to do..

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist