we have a word document with names and address information…

Customer Question
we have a word document...
we have a word document with names and address information that looks like this:
Name 1
Address L1
City1, ST1 Zip1

Name2
Address2
City2 ST2 Zip2

and we want to convert this info to an Xcell spreadsheet with each set of name and address info in a separate ROW (and the City, ST and Zip also separated into separate colums. The headings for the spreadsheet would be as follows:
Name
Address
City
State
Zip

And we do not want to convert one address at a time. Is there a flat fee to get a solution to this. Are we guaranteed a satisfactory solution if we pay?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: John D, BS Degree in Engineering. replied 8 years ago
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.

The way to do that depends on how the data is listed in your Word document (e.g. in a table, or in paragraphs, or in a single line separated by tab, etc)

I would need to see the file to tell you exactly how it should be done. Is it ok to send me the Word file?

Yes, you will pay only if you are satisfied with the answer. And that would be by clicking the Accept button that will come up when you get the answer.

How do we send a copy of the data? We copied some of the data and clicked on the Paste from Word button, but nothing happened . . .

Ok, to send the file go to www.wikisend.com and upload it there. You will then get a page that has the download link (the link looks something like this http://wikisend.com/download/527586/Book1.xls).
Copy the download link and come back here and paste it in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it.

Ok, with this type of arrangement of data it is going to have to be a combination of manual extraction from Word (not necessarily one record at a time) and automated tabulation in Excel.

Let me know if you want me to work on this particular file and convert to an excel table. I will also need to see how the fields should be listed in Excel with the column headings (a sample excel file with one or two addresses would be fine)

<p>The headings for the Excel file should be:</p><p>Name</p><p>Address L1</p><p>Address L2 (suite)</p><p>City</p><p>State</p><p>Zip</p><p>Phone</p><p>Website address</p><p> </p><p>We need a "procedure" that we can follow for converting ALL the Word documents we have that need to be converted to Xcel. Also, we are having a problem with our computer and would like to re-boot to see if that fixes it.. Irf we re-boot, how do we re-contact you?.</p>

Just bookmark this page, or go to your email inbox and look at the message from JustAnswer.

okay thank you we are connected again

Ok, as I said this will require both manual work and a macro. I can of course provide you with the macro but I can not guarantee that you will be able to do it manually in an efficient way.

Question #1: Does it take 15 minutes or more to get each answer? We thought when be decided to pay that the communication would be instant. Under the circumstances and the fact that we have spent almost 2 hous and you still havent provided a solution, we must conclude that you have no answer. We are looking for a solution what would be substantially more efficient than a cut and paste method. Either you have a solution or you do not. Please either send the solution OR tell us you have no solution -- NOW.