I was forming groups for my gmail (family, friends, homeOwners,

Customer Question
etc) and all went well...
I was forming groups for my gmail (family, friends, homeOwners, etc) and all went well. About three weeks later, the titles of each group disappeared, but left the numbers in each group. How can I fix this and get the identity of each group to show on the contact list?
Can you access my computer and look at the problem? It is o.k. if you do that...........

j.coker
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: vasanth, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
vasanth
vasanth, Computer Software Engineer

Hello there!

Please download the latest version of firefox browser from here

http://www.getfirefox.net/

install it and login your gmail email account from here

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&bsv=1eic6yu9oa4y3&scc=1&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2

and try to create the groups again

thanks

I did what you suggested, but I still have the problem. The groups are listed with members and the total, but in the list of groups by name, there is only the number of members shown. The list has the total contacts identified, but the place place where the group name is XXXXX XXXXX is blank. Can you tell me how to type the group name in that column or access my computer from a remote computer and look at the list yourself?

have you tried to create the group in gmail as suggested here

click on the Contacts menu item on the left side of the page. It'll look roughly like this:

Google Gmail: Contacts view

Now click on the Groups tab and you'll see:

Google Gmail: Contacts view

As you can see, I don't yet have any groups. Since you're asking, you probably won't have any either. Click on Add a Group in the middle of the window and you'll get a blank group input form:

Google Gmail: Contacts view

Type in the name of the group you'd like to create, then in the Add Contacts box, enter each of the members of your new group. When you're done, make sure you press "Create Group" to actually save your new group and you're done.

Now, the next time you're about to mail your group, type in the first few characters of the group name and you'll be delighted to see it pop up, ready to use!

thanks

Since you were not able to answer the problem, I have decided to have a local computer engineer to come to my house and fix the problem. Please cancel my Just Ask program. It is difficult for you to solve this without seeing the problem directly. I did what you directed me to do, but nothing changed. Have a good day......

Jackson Coker [email protected]

ok

I responded already. I did what you directed me to do and nothing changed. I rebuilt the groups, recorded them, and it was all o.k. except the original problem was still in place. The list of my groups did not show up in the first column of "my contacts" but the number of members on each group remained correctly. I have five groups and the numbers for each one were listed, but the title of the group was not listed. When I originally made the groups a few months ago, everything was proper, the name, the number of members, etc. but about 10 days ago the titles disappeared. I have now contacted a local individual to come to my house and correct the problem. I don't think it can be done by e-mail, and even if it could be, I have decided to discontinue this back and forth. Please remove my name from the "just answer". It may be my lack of understanding, or something wrong with my computer, but I am unwilling to continue this back and forth. Thank you for trying.

Jack Coker [email protected]

I
I do not want to use this service. Please cancel my questions and use.

I have answered you three times. Please know that what you recommended did not work. I found a local man who solved the problem. Please do not send me any more e-mails asking for me to reply.

Your suggestion was taken and complied with by me. It did not solve the problem. I have fixed it myself.