I have an issue with a new Corel 12 load on a Dell-820. (2…

Customer Question
I have an issue with...
I have an issue with a new Corel 12 load on a Dell-820. (2 gig dual core, 2 gig ram) When opening Corel during the splash screen the display flickers at the top of the screen where the nudge factor and line dialog menu occurs. Then it takes an inordinate amount of time for the sidebar to appear, and THEN, After it boots all the way in, it takes about three seconds for a mouse click to register, especially on "picking" shapes. I have also noted that in the line dialog box, after booting up, the arrow dialog is missing unless I click on it.
I can only get rid of the problem by un-installing the program then re-installing. It runs great, (lightning fast, in fact!), for about a week then the problem reoccurs.
I have changed to display acceleration back to zero thinking it might be the culprit but that didn't work.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Let's check if you have malware on your computer:

Download and run Malware Bytes from here:
http://wikisend.com/download/568156
(click the "Download file" button)

Malmare Bytes it is a FREE application if used at home. Do not click the "Purchase" button

Run it and delete all the malware it may detect

Then restart your computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Had one infected malware file and it was purged. Re-booted Corel with no change.

What computer brand and model do you have ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
It's a Dell Latitude 820, 2 gig dual core, 2 gig ram. I have the same computer at home and have had no problems with Corel, (but then, I don't run it at home as much).

Ok, can I have the Service Tag number please ?

Thank you
It's a rebuilt Dell. Service Tag 6RSQ3C1

Ok, thank you!

Please download and reinstall the VIdeo driver from this link ----> http://support.dell .com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R173741&SystemID=Latitude%20D820&servicetag=6RSQ3C1&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=5260&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=4&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=6&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=236233

Then please restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (favorite) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Reloaded video driver and there's still no change to Corel.

I am sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you
Thanks,
I'm standing by....anybody?

You can also wait offline. You will receive an email when another expert has another idea.

Thank you

John Cappucci
I was out of town on an emergency and did not get your last reply.
Please re-open this inquiry and resend.

You will receive an email when another expert has another idea.

Thank you!