My brother really messed up my computer I hope you can tell…

Customer Question
My brother really messed up...
My brother really messed up my computer I hope you can tell me what to do to fix it. At first he said he got the blue screen so he was going to reinstall windows on it but he tried to put xp on it when it had vista, anyway it is saying some thing about the drives being unmounted or something like that, then its getting the blue screen again now, it said the technical information is- - - -
*** stop: 0x0000007E (oxcoooooo5, oxoF76DEOBF, oxoF7B2A208, oxoF7B29F08)

*** pci-sys--- address F76D7000, Date stamp3b7d355c
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Adam Lowrance, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Adam Lowrance
Adam Lowrance, Computer Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Adam Lowrance :

Hello there, sounds like you have a real mess on your hands. Do you happen to have the factory reinstall disks that came with your computer?

Thanks,
Adam

Customer:

no, it dosn't have one

Adam Lowrance :

Ok, what brand is it?

Customer:

acer

Customer:

aspire 5335

Adam Lowrance :

ok, the error you are getting is probably unmountable boot volume or something similar. The computer is going to need a full wipe and reload to fix the problem. What model of acer is it and is it a laptop or desktop? I am going to step away for about 5 minutes to switch to my laptop but I till be right back.

Thanks,
Adam

Customer:

laptop it's an acer aspire 5335

Customer:

brb

Customer:

back

Adam Lowrance :

Ok, you really have a couple of options...Take the computer to a local repair shop and have it reloaded by them, or if you want I can get you the link to order the reload disks from acer directly

Customer:

how much does the disk cost?

Adam Lowrance :

let me check

Customer:

ty

Adam Lowrance :

i need the serial number off of the bottom

Customer:

LXATSOY0399060F72520000

Customer:

i thank thats it

Customer:

think, lol

Adam Lowrance :

it says thats not right,double check please

Customer:

ok

Customer:

ok it needs one more 0 at the end sorry

Customer:

hey I to go to work soon so I need to go soon

Customer:

can I load xp to it

Customer:

?

Customer:

you know do a wipe and load

Customer:

i have to go to work and I hope I'm not getting charded for this, because I refuse to pay it.

Adam Lowrance :

Hello?

Adam Lowrance :

Sorry, I have not been seeing your responses.I refreshed my screen and they all showed up.

Adam Lowrance :

It still says the serial number is XXXXX correct. Is there an SNID number on there?

Customer:

yes, XXXXXXXXXXX /p>

Adam Lowrance :

The system blanked out the number on me (of course), Can you put a space between the numbers so I can see it?

Thanks,
Adam

Customer:

yes I could, but it's no longer needed, I got help for free in email, and they DID help me. I would be grateful if you would now return my money that you have for the answer I didn't get. Thanks Marilyn