Im wondering if it is possable to restore the original setting…

Customer Question
I'm wondering if it is...
I'm wondering if it is possable to restore the original setting on my laptop I need to get it to connect to my internet stick and all it states is it can't install with error having 39 missing.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

It is possible to restore the original settings.. Though that will erase your personal files.. you may want to save your pictures, documents,musci , etc first..

I can tell you the procedure, which is relatively straightforward and easy to follow..

First.. i need to know the name brand and model of your laptop..

Also..

If your trying to install a wireless usb internet device..

You may not need to do a restore to get it to work.. if youd like me to try and help you fix the issue.. let me know.

if you want to just do the full restore ( factory settings, like it came out the box.. )

let me know as well.
I would like to do a full factory restore and I have saved all my personal files. When i try to use my internet stick it recognizes it but wont install it. I have a Toshiba,Satellite A110
To do a factory restore on your toshiba..

Shut the computer down.. then

press the zero key with the computer off.. hold it down and dont let go

now press the power key normally, let the computer come on while still holding the zero key

you should hear a beeping, and see a message on screen loading files..

Then.. it will take you through the factory restore option...

which will do a full factory restore
how long do I hold the zero button for, I hear the beeping but no message appears if I let go windows just loads.
Can you load all the way into windows?

ya my decktop is the same

lets try this method then,.

shut the computer down..

start it..

immediately start tapping f8

then..

choose repair my computer..

this should load the toshiba recovery manager..

do a full factory restore and youll be in business..
let me know if this works for you.

ok i tapped f8 and these are my options

3 options for safe mode

enable boot log in

enable vga mode

last know good configuration

directory service restore mode

debugging mode

disable automatic restart on system failure

start windows normally

reboot

return to os choices menue

You dont happen to have a install disk for windows do you/

?

also.. what version of windows do you have.

Thanks.
no I dont have a disk and it's windows xp
then we will need to create a set of recovery disks.. try the following

Click Start

2. Select All Programs

3. Select Recovery Disc Creator.

Recovery Disk Creator

4. Within the Recovery Disc Creator select Create

5. When prompted enter the first blank DVD and select Ok

6. When prompted enter the second blank DVD and select Ok

if you can create the disks..

then next we will insert the disk you created and tryto boot from it..

let me know what happens.
<p>I have nothing like that in any files on my laptop I searched for it , I found dick creator under cd and dvd applications</p><p> </p>
it may be iin start, all programs, toshiba,

there should be a toshiba recovery manager..

if you cant find it

then you will need to go to the link below and order a set of recovery disks..

https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/serviceUnitVerification.jsp?orderType=SFF