I have a dell inspiron 530 I want to see my computer screen…

Customer Question
I have a dell inspiron...
I have a dell inspiron 530 I want to see my computer screen on my tv a sharp aquos
how do do it

thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/16/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mattlab, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Mattlab
Mattlab, Computer Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Mattlab :

Hello

Mattlab :

Are you able to chat?

Customer:

yes

Mattlab :

Greaat

Mattlab :

I can help you or at least guide you in the process of getting your computer to work with your TV.

Mattlab :

Please remember that at the end of our chat or help session that if your question has been answered to CLICK ACCEPT so that I can get credit for this answer. Thank you!

Customer:

please help I am 70yrs old I work slow pease help

Customer:

ok

Mattlab :

No problem.

Mattlab :

Can you tell me the model number or the type of Tv that you have exactly?

Mattlab :

I need to check whether it will be compatabile with your computer.

Customer:

sharp aquos 1080i digital 37 inch sorry I can't find the owners book

Mattlab :

Ok, does it say anywhere on the TV what model it is?

Mattlab :

If not then can you check the back of the TV and tell me what input options there are?

Customer:

no just aquos digital tv

Mattlab :

Ok

Mattlab :

can you check the back of the TV where the cable input is?

Mattlab :

I need to know what kind of inputs there are, we are looking for one that is VGA (looks like the thing your computer monitor can plug into)

Customer:

I have 3 open outlets all 3 are 2green 1 yellow on the side of the tv I have hdmi 4/and hdmi 5

Mattlab :

So to recap 3 open outlets which have 2 green and 1 yellow

Mattlab :

and 2 other outlets which are HDMI

Mattlab :

total of 5 inputs?

Mattlab :

Correct?

Customer:

can you draw me a pic a vga and yes 5 inputs

Mattlab :

ok well if you have all 5 inputs accounted for then you do not have a VGA input

Mattlab :

Unfortunately I do not believe based on what your computer supports as OUTPUT that your TV will be able to work with it.

Mattlab :

Do you have an input on your TV that is RED/White and then Yellow?

Mattlab :

If you have the RED/White (audio) and then a Yellow one (video) then you may be able to try a special converter cable that will allow you to do this.

Mattlab :

There is no gurantee that it will work but the cable only costs about 3 dollars on Amazon.

Mattlab :

Would you like me to point you to it?

Customer:

yes and I have red and white audio on the side of tv

Mattlab :

ok

Mattlab :

So it looks like your answer will be to get this cable http://www.amazon.com/VGA-Adapter-S-Video-Cable-Video/dp/B000Y7T5UU/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Mattlab :

You will also need http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Audio-Video-RCA-Cable/dp/B000V0DY7U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1276731397&sr=1-1

Mattlab :

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8V235-12-12-Foot-Audio-Cable/dp/B000067RBT/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1276731426&sr=1-5

Mattlab :

Those three cables will allow you to take VIDEO and SOUND from your computer to your TV

Mattlab :

Now as I said there is no guratee it will work but this is by far the cheapest and easiest way to do this in your scenario

Customer:

can I print this info and use what heading and I need about 50ft of cable from computer

Mattlab :

Do you need any more help? If you problem is solved please click Accept so that I can get credit for this answer! Thanks!

Mattlab :

Yes you should be able to print this info. Just print each web page. You will need to go to Amazon and find the correct length of cable for what you want. Radio shack may carry them to so if you go there and tell them what you need they may be able to help you.

Customer:

my answer my show sorry can I print the info you sent and I need at least 50ft of cable

Mattlab
Mattlab, Computer Support Specialist
Yes you can print this. I have switched this question to Q/A mode so that it will be easier for you to do so. Also for the right length of cable you should go to either Amazon (given the links I gave you) or Radio Shack/similar store and ask for them to give you the correct length for what you need. Hope that helps!