I was given a computer with windows professional 2000 on it…

Customer Question
I was given a computer...
I was given a computer with windows professional 2000 on it that is password XXXXX The person who gave it to me gave me several options for passwords - none of which worked. She also did not have any windows cd's. Is there anything I can do to bypass the logon screen?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/16/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Yes, easily.

You can create a password XXXXX CD on another computer, then boot the CD in the locked computer, and it will allow you to reset the password.

HERE is where to get the necessary software.

Thanks,

J.
I am not as computer savvy as the information I read would need. It doesn't seem easy to me and I need simple instructions in every day language. I am totally confused.
I found a software that has easier instructions for you. Click HERE.

J.