Ive had no issues in the past bringing songs from Limewire…

Customer Question
I've had no issues in...
I've had no issues in the past bringing songs from Limewire to my iTunes library. Haven't used it it in a long time . Have a list of songs I want to get into iTunes from Limewire but can't get them to go in. Can't figure out which prompts to follow. Help? Megan
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/16/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

To add contents to the iTunes library:

Open iTunes >

Click on File >

Click Add Folder to Library >

Choose the folder where all the songs are located >

Click on Open.

Let me know, if that does not works.

I've tried all of that. When I click on my music it just lists every artist but no open option

You don't need to click on artist. Just add the songs to the library > click on music under "library" in the left pane > double click on the song name to play it in the right pane of itunes.

I'm not trying to play a song. I have some songs downloaded in Limewire and I want to bring them to my iTunes library. I've clicked on everything I can and can't get the songs from Limewire into my iTunes music library. I'm not clicking on artist. I'm clicking on my music and the list of artists just pops up. It does not include any of the artists I'm currently trying to get from Limewire

You need to find the location of the songs first on your hard drive where limewire is saving it.

You can see the location by Open Limewire > Click Tools > Options > Check the folder where the songs are getting saved.

Now follow the above instructions to add the same folder to iTunes library.

Let me know, if this works.

Everything is empty there
In that case, no songs has been downloaded, try downloading them again.
They've been donloaded. They are in my Limewire library. I can see them and play them all in my Limewire Library. I can't get them from Limewire to iTunes library to get them on my I pod.
Hmmm, if you can see them in Limewire library, you are looking at the wrong folder in options. In iTunes Library > Highlight one song and click on "Explore" > It will open the correct folder which needs to be added in iTunes library.
There is no "explore" to click on. I've gotten the the songs into an Apple folder named in Compac Owners blah but still can't get them into my general library. Can't drag them or annything.

You can't drag them, you have to add them like this:

Open iTunes >

Click File >

Click Add Folder to Library >

Choose the Apple folder named in Compac Owners >

Click Open.

This will add the songs to iTunes.

Compac Owners is on the left side of iTunes under Library. When I click on add folder to library it pops up the littl screen that has music library etc etc and blocks me from opening compac owner file on the left. It's not available in the pop up when I click add folder to library

You can't add them like that.

You need to find the correct path they are in the hard disc than add the correct FOLDER where the songs are in using the above method.

If you don't know where they are, just make a search for the files using the operating system search.

I don't know how to do that

No problem.

Go to Limewire library > let me know, what is written under path for each file?

Also, right click on a file there > choose describe > let me know the path written there?(the path will be just above the advanced button)

Can you just call me? Nothing you're asking me to look for like "path" is in my Limewire or when I click on a song in the Limewire library. XXX-XXX-XXXX I already have all of the songs I want in an Apple folder called Compac Owner. Looks just like my iTunes library list. Just can't get those to go to the main library. There has to be a way. I'm not an idiot. Just not computer savvy
Which operating system are you using?
Windows?
Yes XP, Vista, 7?