I have windows xp on my laptop I recently bought a epsonNX415…

Customer Question
I have windows xp on...
I have windows xp on my laptop I recently bought a epsonNX415 aio printer after I follow the software instructions the last one being plug in the usb cord it shuts down the computer to a blue error screen now I have already done a pc recovery and had remote help to try and install the printer they say its a sytem problem and not a problem with the computer and if I ahve to upgrade to windows 7 it will be a hassle to have to do a custom install just to get the printer to work
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Tech Support Specialist: johnn mack, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
johnn mack
johnn mack, Computer Support Specialist
hello there! I would love to help. Did you install the drivers and software from the cd first or just connect the printer to your comp? Also do you have any other devices connected via usb ie mouse?
Ii followed the instructions in the online instructions the printer was plugged in and turned on but not connected to the computer per the software instructions
i understand and do you have other devices connected to any of the usb ports? The reason i ask is if there is then we might just have to remove the driver installed from the software and if there isnt we will need to update your drivers/windows software.
nothing else is plugged into the usb port
Ok great then i am gonna put a few things here we can try. First try an duse another usb device if it fails then its the systems drivers for the usb. Do windows update and make sure to do all the critcal updates and please post the model and make of your comp here so i can help find the drivers for you.
sorry johnn but I need to leave so dont charge my card and will get back to you later