i have a Gateway Laptop but i need a disk to put

Customer Question
i have a...
i have a Gateway Laptop but i need a disk to put gateway information back into my laptop
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Andy, Computer Consultant replied 8 years ago
Andy, Computer Consultant

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

You need to perform system recovery. It can be performed in two ways as explained below.

1. Using built in recovery partition.

1. Remove all CDs or DVDs from the optical drives.
2. Turn off the computer using the normal Windows shut down process.
3. After the computer is turned off, disconnect all USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. This includes USB devices such as a printer, scanner, removable storage, or camera.
4. Turn on the computer. To start recovery, at the Press F11 to start recovery prompt, press the F11 key.
5. In the Systems Restore Options dialog box, select Full System Restore (Destructive), and then click Next.
6. In the System Restore - Format and Recover dialog box, click Yes.
7. Files copy.
8. In the System Restore dialog box, click Restart.
9. The computer restarts.
10. Drivers and applications are installed.

2. If above does not work OR if F11 doesnt initiate the process then you need to perform recovery using Gateway recovery disc. If you dont have the disc you need to order one from Gateway.

Please click on link below to order Recovery Disc from Gateway.

https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=gateway

(if you are not located in US please let me know)

Put the Recovery Disk into your drive and restart your computer. Restart computer and on startup screen it will mention a Key to enter setup. Press that key immediately to enter setup. Then you will find many tabs. Goto BOOT tab. Change the boot order to make the CD Drive as 1st device in Boot order list and do Save and Exit. Then restart computer making sure disc is already in CD Drive. This will load computer from recovery disc.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.