Making an addition to Adobe Acrobat 9 PDF

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/16/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Andy, Computer Consultant replied 8 years ago
Andy, Computer Consultant

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

Can you please explain your question in more detail

I make a PDF from an order form online but getting the pdf to come on line I want to add an in-house order number to that form and then attach it to an email to send to the warehouse. Acrobat 8 worked OK but Acrobat 9 does not, The PDF does not have the icon to click to edit the form.Or does it?
Hi

Do you want to edit a pdf file which was created using Adobe Acrobat 8 or 9 ?

Or do you want to create a pdf file using Acrobat 9 .. from some other document file ?

I click on print whenon the form page and Adobe Printer makes a PDF.Then I need to add a number. I used to simply click on the edit icon, click on a field near the top and add a number within that field. The file is created, all I need is to add a number and then send it off on an email. But how do I get it to accept adding a number to a field at the top of the page?
Using Acrobat 9 Pro
Hi

Please click here to see this tutorial : LINK ... goto page 11 / 14 and read how to edit a field

Let me know result

That does not help at all. Previously the form showed a field when I clicked on a printed word, etc. and I could simply type more words into the box. This no longer works. When I try to type in a box it moves to the bottom of the page totally inaccessible for what I need to do. Can I do that now or not? Please answer the question directly.

Yes, you can still type in to an editable field and make the changes. But you need to set the properties of that field beforehand so that its editable.

You can access Acrobat form field properties only when you are in editing mode (by choosing Forms > Add Or Edit Fields). You can change the properties for multiple form fields at a time.

1. Open the Properties dialog box using one of the following methods:
    • To edit a single form field, double-click it or right-click it and choose Properties.

• To edit multiple form fields, select the fields that you want to edit, right-click one of the selected fields, and choose Properties.

2. Change the properties on each of the available tabs, as needed.

The property is changed as soon as you select another property or press Enter.

3. Click Close to close the Properties dialog box.

If you select form fields that have different property values, some options in the Properties dialog box are not available. Otherwise, changes to the available options are applied to all selected form fields.

Let me know result

Your advice above does not match any of the headings on my PDF forms field. Totally useless.
Hi

I have provided you information for Adobe Acrobat 9. Looks like you are using some other version or we are not on the same page.

I am sorry I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open this question to all experts. Someone should get back to you soon.

Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Could you verify the version of acrobat you are using?

acrobat 9 pro ? standard? pro extended?

could you click on help on acrobat.. then click about..

and tell me what version is listed.

Thanks.