I cannot scan to my computer. I have reinstalled HP printer…

Customer Question
I cannot scan to my...
I cannot scan to my computer. I have reinstalled HP printer by downloading from the web and it worked but then I could not print reports in Quick Books. That is now resolved but the scanner does work with my computer.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/16/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

Have you installed the full featured software for HP?

What is the model of the printer?

What is your operating system?

Not sure - it did work awhile ago but stopped and that's when I downloaded the driver from the web which messed up the printing for QuickBooks. The printer is HP photosmart 4580 All in One Series. It also is wireless. Everything is working properly with QB etc except the scanner.

Operating system is Vista Windows.

Ok so it was working properly earlier? (Did you tried to restore your computer?)
What do you mean by resore your computer?

Click on start(left bottom of the screen) >

Type System Restore in search >

Hit enter.

In system restore choose a date when everything was running fine >

Continue with the restore process >

Computer will restart after a restore.

Note: You will not loose any data or information during a restoration process.

See if that helps, else let me know for further help.

I found that but what do I do - backup, restore?? it saysthe system resore wizard is running
Restore it to a date when the system was running fine. Let me know how it goes.
I want ahead and did a restore which took some time and computer went off and back on with the message from the HP Photosmart the the installation was not successful. So now what?
Which date you restored to?
I don't know - The scanner was working several days ago but that is when I found out that I could not print anything in Quick Books.
Is the exact model: c4580?
The exact model is HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One series printer scanner copier wireless
That did not work -- after 45 min and it was done I tried to acess hp photosmart and it told me to locate and instLL DRIVER SOFTWARE. I do not have the disc. Also HP Solution will not open up because it says it is not fully installed. ????
Have you installed the driver I suggested above after downloading?

Now I can[t print at all - the HP has been removed from the list of printers.

Yes that is the driver that I downloaded.

After downloading, install it.

Yes I thought I did - I just followed directions.

Do it again,

Go to this link and choose download: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-61905-3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3418707&sw_lang=&os=2093

when the download prompt appears > Click on Save and DONOT click run > save the driver file to your desktop.

After it finishes downloading, double click on the downloaded file on desktop to install it.

Let me know, how it goes.