Hi I have an HP Pavilion Entrtainment PC and yestarday it…

Customer Question
Hi' I have an HP Pavilion...
Hi'
I have an HP Pavilion Entrtainment PC and yestarday it just stopped recognizing my wireless network. We had cyber techs get into it and try and correct the problem but they said I needed to talk to the manufacturer since it seems to be more than just downloading a simple driver. what do I do. This is the primary laptop I use for school.
My wireless model is a linksys model number WRT160N
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/16/2010
Tech Support Specialist: VanMagnus Systems, Consultant replied 8 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Consultant
You and I have the same Laptop. I am familiar with this issue. I just need to ask a few questions to see if it truly is the same issue.

When did this happen, was it after an Update from Microsoft? Are you familiar with the Start> Control Panel> System> Device Manager? If you are I need you to click on you WiFi Adapter, and tell me the version of the software driver for it.

Sorry, I forgot to say. That in the section called Network Adapters. Will be one that states that it is a Wifi. Right click on it and select properties. Then look for the driver tab, in that tab will be the Driver Version number. Please tell me that number.

Edited by VanMagnus Systems on 6/16/2010 at 12:51 PM EST

The only adapter that appears under network adapters is NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet.

The version number is XXXXX

There are several updates that update automatically and I don't know if there was an update in the middle if the night but i do know that i clicked on an update for the newest version of adobe flash just before I tried connecting to the internet yesterday. It seemed funny because It did not seem to run an update or alert that one was finished for flash.

I did run a recovery for several days earlier to try and retrieve any missing files from when the internet was working but that did not change anything.
OK. Now please do get to that screen again. Then right click that Network Adapter area again. I need you to select the option of detect changes.
I have gone to the adapter and clicked on scan for hardware changes. The window disappears and comes back to the original window for device manager again. It does not give an indication of any changes or weather it actually scanned anything.
Final question Sir or Ma'am. How old is your Laptop?
I did so, and clicked on my option to scan for changes. The window changed but there was no other indication that a scan had taken place or any changes were detected. The window went back to the device maanger window
How old is your Laptop, when did you get it?