I was cleaning my computer componets of dust and unpluged my…

Customer Question
I was cleaning my computer...
I was cleaning my computer componets of dust and unpluged my monitor (B2030). When I pluged everything back in and started up my computer my monitors color is off. Where it should be white it is pink... I can't seem to find a way to fix it. My Auto is locked. Thanks for your help in advance
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/15/2010
Tech Support Specialist: namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
namzyanzy
namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist
Hi. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. On the monitor there would be a button to reset the factory defaults. Try doing that. Please perform the steps mentioned below:

To reset most current Samsung monitors to their factory settings, follow these steps:
    Press the Menu button on the monitor. The OSD menu appears.
    Press the Adjust (up or down arrow) button on the monitor to change the menu window until you see the window containing Autosource, Image Reset, and Color Reset.
    Press the Select button on the monitor to select this window.
    Press the Adjust button to highlight either Image Reset or Color Reset.
    Press the Select button. The Image Reset or Color Reset window appears.
    Press the Brightness/Adjust button on your monitor. Yes is highlighted.
    Note: As soon as you select Yes, the monitor resets to the factory presets.
    Press the Menu button on the monitor three times to exit.
Note: You must perform both Image Reset and Color Reset to reset your monitor completely to factory presets.
Let me know if you need any more clarification

Edited by namzyanzy on 6/15/2010 at 8:34 PM EST
When I open my monitor menu it it locked (upper right hand corner of screen) and I can not reset my setting. How do I unlock it?
Please perform the steps mentioned in the link below:

My Monitor Is Locked And I Cannot Access The Menu
I unlocked my monitor setting and reset it but it is still pink

My monitor is still has a pink tinge to it. I accidently unplugged it I was cleaning the back of my tower. When I plugged it back in and turned on my monitor everything had a pink tinge to it. I was instructed to reset my monitor which I did. I am not sure if I reset it correctly but nothing has changed

Please performt he steps mentioned below:

Check The Signal Cable

To determine if the color distortion or missing color is caused by your signal cable, follow these steps:

1. Power off your computer and monitor.
  2. Disconnect the cable connecting your monitor to your computer, and then make sure that the connections on either end do not have a bent pin(s):
    • If you have a bent pin(s), replace the defective cable.
  1. Reconnect the cable at both ends and make sure that the plugs are securely connected to the back of your monitor and to your computer.
  2. Power on your computer and monitor.
  3. Troubleshoot the signal cable by replacing it with a known working cable. If color appears correctly on your monitor, replace the defective cable.
If the above step does not resolve your issue, then proceed further:

To perform an Auto Adjustment, follow these steps:

1. Power on your monitor, and boot up your computer.
  2. Press the [Auto] button on your monitor.
  3. The Auto Adjustment indicator appears. When the Auto Adjustment windows disappears, the auto adjusting process is complete.

If after performing each troubleshooting step above, the graphics or text remain fuzzy.

• Click here to Turn On ClearType. (For Windows XP and Vista Users)
  • Try connecting your monitor to a computer with a different graphics card and see if that end the problem. On rare occasions, fuzzy images are caused by the graphics card.

The Auto Adjustment Button on your monitor is the second button from the bottom along the right-hand side. The Auto Adjustment feature automatically adjusts the fine, coarse, and position on your monitor to the incoming video signal.

Note: If you have are using the Digital (DVI) connection on your LCD monitor, Auto Adjust will not work when your monitor is set to this mode. Instead, you adjust the image through the Windows Display Properties, or through the Advance Settings provided with your graphics card. For information on accessing the Advance Settings of your graphics card, review the documentation provided by the manufacture of your graphics card or the manufacture of your computer.

Edited by namzyanzy on 6/16/2010 at 5:43 PM EST
I have done all you suggested... I have even reloaded my driver becuase the multi screen funtion has disappeared. I had to do this via Samsung website because my disk will not download anything it just goes to the PLUM screen and does nothing else. The screen is clear but everything is pink and I still do not have the multi screen function back. Do you think the monitor is defective? It was working great until yesterday.
Could you try to plug this monitor on a different computer and see if it is the same? If yes, then the monitor is faulty.

Also try to use a different cable which connects the monitor to the computer tower. Let me know.
None of this information helped... The problem is not resolved. I am taking my computer and monitor into Best Buy for the Geek Squad to look at.