Constant error message Ox800C00F when attempting to send…

Customer Question
Constant error message "Ox800C00F" when...
Constant error message "Ox800C00F" when attempting to send 1-line email. ISP Eircom after half an hour and uninstalling my security servict etc. said I should telephoen MS Support. Connection to internet shows no signs of interruption.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/15/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Renju, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

What program do you use for sending mails ?
Are you using Wndows Live Mail or web based email service ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

I use Microsoft Outlook for emailing.

Ok,

When did this problem start ?

Where you able to send emails properly before this error ?

Can you explain a bit more about the error ? Does it say only "Ox800C00F" ? can you post me the entire error message you see so that I can identify the trouble.

Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please do the following for me

Check on your Anti-Virus software that Email Scanning is not enabled (if you dont know how to do this tell me the anti virus software you use please)

Test then.

If this does not work, then restart the computer and keep pressing F8 until you see a menu. Choose "last known good configuration" Follow the onscreen instructions and when the process has finished, test if you can then send the email.

Please let me know if you are still recieving and error after this.

I use McAfee security.

thank you for the information.

Please do the following

1. Open McAfee Security Center. To do this click on the red letter "M" down at the bottom-right hand corner of your screen by the clock.
  2. Click on Virus Scan.
  3. Click on "Configure virus can options" (at the top right-hand side of the window).
  4. Un-check "Scan email and attachments".? Click OK.
  5. Click OK on the pop-up that tells you about the need to restart your e-mail program
  6. Now you should be back on the main McAfee Security Center page. Click on Spam Killer, which is probably over on the left at the bottom.
  7. It says "Click here if you want to Disable Spam Killer." up at the top. Click there.
    Now it should say "Email filtering is disabled" and/or "Spam Killer is not protecting your computer".
  8. Close McAfee.

Open your Mail program and then try to send. If not restart then test again please.

If you still have a problem, please follow the below insutructions

Restart the computer and keep pressing F8 until you see a menu. Choose "last known good configuration" Follow the onscreen instructions and when the process has finished, test if you can then send the email.

Please let me know if you are still having difficulties after this