My email still isnt working properly. All I get for notification…

Customer Question
My email still isn't working...
My email still isn't working properly. All I get for notification that there is email in my mail box is a small icon. In order for me to read the email, I have to delete it> go to the recently deleted files and manually look at each individual icon. No titles ever show up for current mail, but they do show up for"spam".
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/15/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

Are you using Internet Explorer to read the mails?

As far as I know, I am using IE.. My Server is comcast and I am using AOL.

Areyou still with me?

You confused me now, are you using AOL or Internet Explorer?

Also, let me know the part after the @ in your mail address?

I am useing AOL. After th @ om ,y email address is AOL.com
Go to this link using internet explorer: http://webmail.aol.com/ and try accessing your mail. Let me know, if that works.
No, it still doesn't work

Open Internet Explorer >

Click on Tools >

Click Internet Options >

Click on Advanced Tab >

Click on Reset >

Click on Reset again >

Click Apply >

Click Ok.

Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
You told that the comcast is your server. Do you have your email address [email protected]?

Open Internet Explorer >

Click on Tools >

Click Internet Options >

Click on Advanced Tab >

Click on Reset >

Click on Reset again >

Click Apply >

Click Ok.

No, it still doesn't work properly. MY BROWSER IS: AOL.COM. i cannot open "internet Explorer."
Tech Support Specialist: Leon Russell, Computer Repairer replied 8 years ago
Leon Russell
Leon Russell, Computer Repairer

My name isXXXXX will assist you today, Do you mind if we try accessing your email from another browser instead of aol?
No, providing I can return to AOL after my problem is repaired.
Well i need to determine if your email account on the aol server is ok, you previously mentioned that internet explorer would not open correct? i need you to install firefox, please click on link below and install firefox.

Firefox web browser

when you staqrt installation you will come to a point where you are asked if you want to import everything from your current browser to firefox, DO NOT export internet explore settings over...one you have firefox installed return to this post but use the firefox browser and we will move on to next step.

Firefox web browser

I don't know how to install firefox. Please give me complete instructions. I'm 87 yers old and not the sharpest tack in the box.
click on the link below, when the page opens a download propmt will pop up in the middle of your screen, there will be a option to open the download or save it, choose open and the install will begin, please notify me when u get this far, click on link below:

Firefox download
I click on the Firefox download link and all I get is an audio "whoop" Does that mean that it is installed or is installing.
did the firefox page open?
No, it did not open as far as I can tell.

Foxfire is now listed as one of my permanent files;

should I bring it up

Now that Foxfire is available to me, what is my next move.

Am unable to list "Window" information. Each time I have tried, computer freezes and all information dissapears. Have a real problem getting back to this page.
What is my next step. I'll be off line until 9 AM
open your firefox browser and put the following in the address bar :

mail.aol.com and hit enter
you will be prompted to input a user name and password XXXXX enter your email credentials, tell me if you can access and see the emails correctly
Sunday Morning...20th of June. In re. to your attem[pts to repair my email account: Nothing has been changed ! I still don't get titles to my incoming e mail and feel like I have been wasting my and your times for the past couple of days. Please accept my thanks and I hope you have a good (Better) day.
I will opt out and allow for another expert to look at your issue. Thank you for your patience