I have an Dell Inspiriron 600m and my screen went to very dim…

Customer Question
I have an Dell Inspiriron...
I have an Dell Inspiriron 600m and my screen went to very dim (could not see cursor) to completely black. Have attached laptop to external monitor and it works. What parts do I need?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/15/2010
Tech Support Specialist: bineesh, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Tap F8 before booting in to windows ..

let me know are you able to get safemode options...

Or booting screen...
I can only see safe mode on the alternate monitor. The lcd screen on the laptop is black with a very faint impression of what is on the alternate monitor.
Tech Support Specialist: Mike6708, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Mike6708
Mike6708, Computer Support Specialist
Your back light has gone out I would try to replace the lcd inverter first as thats most likely the culprit inverters run about $15 and can be replaced easily where the backlight is cheap but the labor to do it is expensive almost to the point its cheaper to buy a new lcd instead of replacing the back light