windows update

Customer Question
windows update
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
Tech Support Specialist: RPI Solutions, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

We are not a no cost website

Robert Preston :

As you agreed, the cost of the answer would be $18.16

Customer:

Fine,

Customer:

Here's how you can help me.

Robert Preston :

Ok please tell me your question

Customer:

The other day automatic updates downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 3 and then tried to download Microsoft net framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update but could not download it. Because this was creating a problem, I did a system restore to May 28. Now there are updates ready to download, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Robert Preston :

Ok. So if you try to install the updates are they failing?

Customer:

I'm not sure if they will fail or not I'm just assuming it's going to do the same thing it did the other day and when it tries to download the framework 1.1 it will fail.

Robert Preston :

That shouldn't be the case. I would run it and if it does, you will need to download the update manually here: Click Here

Robert Preston :

and then install it manually

Robert Preston :

and that will bypass it

Robert Preston :

or you could just install it manually now

Robert Preston :

so you dont have to worry about that

Customer:

The only way I can do the download is to turn the system off. If I do that how do I get back in touch with you? What would you suggest?

Tech Support Specialist: Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
I would like to suggest that you try using the Microsoft method of removing .NET and then reinstalling it via Windows Update.

Use the .NET Framework automatic cleanup tool

The .NET Framework cleanup tool removes the .NET Framework for you. For information about how to obtain and use this tool, visit the following MSDN Web site:

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx

This cleanup tool deletes shared files and registry keys that are used by multiple versions of the .NET Framework. To guarantee that all versions of the .NET Framework work correctly, if you run the cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework, you must first remove all installed versions of the .NET Framework by using this cleanup tool. Then, you must reinstall all the previously installed versions starting with the lowest version number.

Edited by Mr. Clark on 6/15/2010 at 11:41 PM EST