Hi, The last techincian, who attempted to fix my problem,

Customer Question
Hi, The last techincian, who attempted...

The last techincian, who attempted to fix my problem, gave up and said he would pass me off to someone else. Your the first person to contact me since.

My HP psc 1350 will accept commands from the computer to scan and copy, but not print. It is not listed in the "Devices & Printer" section of the computer.

Can you help? I have a $31.00 credit balance on my account.

Thank you,

Al
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/15/2010
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Please click the Start button then in the Search box type Service.msc and press Enter. Then in the Services window find the Print Spooler service and click once on it and then if not started click Start and if Started click Restart then try to print again.

If you receive an error trying to start the print spooler then please follow the instructions at the link below to resolve the issue and let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps:

click here
<p>Remember the 1350 is not listed as being installed on the computer. Previously was able to delete and add this printer, just by disconneting the printer from the computer. Will no longer add the printer by doing this. </p><p>The devices listed in the "Devices & Printer" section of tht computer are:</p><p>Universal Printing PCL's 5 & 6, Micorsoft XPS Document Writer, FAX and Sent to One Note 2007.</p>
Ok then if you check Programs in the Control Panel is the printer software listed?

The software for the 1350 is not listed in the programs.

In addition, I had to send your reply to another individual for him to open it.

Ok then next try installing the software that came with the printer and let me know if the installation fails and if so at what point does it fail and if any errors are displayed.

If you need the software for the printer please download the software at the link below:

click here

Sorry, was away. When I go to "Programs and Features" in my control panel, the only HP program there is for Backup and Recovery. When I use the Utility download, it list the 1350 as a printer that I want a diagnosis on. It then tells me that there are missing driver files and how to connect them with the USB cables. This doesn't work. I'm at a loss on what to do next.

Help

Rather than downloading the utility, click on the driver link on the page at the link below and save the driver file to your computer then double click on the file and follow the prompts for installation. Make sure the printer is not plugged in while installing the software and only plug the printer into the PC when instructed to do so then reboot and test.

click here

Tried your suggestion. Unfortunately, when I clicked to install, I received the following message "Drivers are already included in Windows Vista, no need to download". Suggested to use USB connection. Tried it and did not work.

Al