why cant i get my email, just moved, changed from slowwww…

Customer Question
why cant i get my...
why cant i get my email, just moved, changed from slowwww mail people pc to comcast and it worked for awhile, now no email.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mattlab, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Mattlab
Mattlab, Computer Support Specialist

Where are you trying to access getting email? For example is a website or is it some program on your computer?

Also what kind of computer are you using (PC or MAC) and is it windows/what version of windows?

Finally, what were you using to get email before you moved?
i have tried google chrome, it worked at first, then comcast then just email sign my grandson put up, comcast came one day, said it was fine was for a day, now cant get google home page or email. i use a hp computer windows 2000 . before imovedi had peoplepc snail mail, but reliable.
1 - Download and install Firefox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html this will get you the latest version of a new browser that is different than google chrome.

2 - Go to google.com and make sure that it works

3 - Trying going to comcast email and see if that works.

This should fix your problem. It sounds like you have an issue with your browser. Comcast may just not be able to work with it.

Am I correct in assuming that you access your email by going to a website?

So if what I suggested above does not work then please tell me the website where you go to get your email. Then tell me can you get to this website by using firefox.
Mattlab
Mattlab, Computer Support Specialist
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX i need is to know how to download and install all that, im 70 and not exactly computer literate.
Sure just open Internet Explorer or Google Chrome (whatever you use to get to the internet) then go the address bar and paste in http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html then on that page you will see a button that says Free Download. Click that and your download will begin. Then simply follow the instructions to install it.
Did this seem to work for you? If yes please let me know.