Elijah
Elijah, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years of experience in the field, Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
30383137

I had to replace the power supply on an E machine and now all

Customer Question

I had to replace the power supply on an E machine and now all I get on the screen is "E MACHINES" across the whole screen, won't boot up or start the restore disc. Any ideas? thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike6708 replied 8 years ago.

have you tried going in to the bios and chaanging the boot order to boot to cd first then restarting with the disc in the drive?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The machine is blank,won't boot, has E Machines across display only no response to keyboard or mouse, disc in dvd slot won't self start
Expert:  Mike6708 replied 8 years ago.
you have to go into the bios or setup when it comes up and says emachines on the screen somewhere it will tell you what F key to press to enter setup or bios
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you don't understand that it never goes into loading of the different prograns, just puts "E Machines "across the screen
Expert:  Elijah replied 8 years ago.
JA customer, thanks for coming to just answer

With All due respect, the extra understand just fine. The machine logo shows that the BIOS message is waiting for your input. A special key combination such as have to or else one is indicated in order for you to access the BIOS menu. All that means is that the property has to be pressed in order to access the BIOS menu.

You will never get to of the program a program can never be accessed until the bios has been properly set up. Unfortunately, the BIOS wanting screen is not very forgiving and does not give you a lot of time to read the instructions. If you wish we can both assist in both the credit belongs to the first experts have worked with you.

Respectfully,
Elijah