since upgrading to windows 7 my laptop sreen will not show…

Customer Question
since upgrading to windows 7...
since upgrading to windows 7 my laptop sreen will not show desktop, or other screens full screen
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/14/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
B.Rath :

Hi

B.Rath :

Do you mean to say that the desktop comes up on a small portion of the screen, with the rest blank?

Customer:

yes

B.Rath :

Okay ..what's the make and model of your computer?

Customer:

HP Pavillion dv2000

B.Rath :

Okay ..now, please go to Start and type in devmgmt.msc; in the Device Manager window, is there any device listed in yellow?

Customer:

don't understand

B.Rath :

Please type in devmgmt.msc in the Search box, after clicking the Start button at the bottom left corner of your window, and press ENTER.

Customer:

it says no items present

B.Rath :

Please right-click on the Computer icon, and select Properties. In the window that comes up, click 'Device Manager' in the left panel. What comes up now?

Customer:

home-lap with a list of items

B.Rath :

Okay ..is there any device listed in yellow?

Customer:

No

Customer:

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft-WDDM 1.1)

Tech Support Specialist: Tom K, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Information Systems Manager

On the bottom of the laptop, there should be a white sticker with HP written on it, can you tell me the exact model DV2000 that is listed on that sticker?

Your computer needs to have the correct video drivers installed, but we cannot install them until we know exactly which model DV2000 this is and what the proper video drivers are for it.

SIN 2CE75024T6

PIN GN169AV

Ok I do not think your looking at the right sticker. I am looking for the specific model DV2000, it would look like this dv2160us, dv2750ca, dv2400us, etc.

If you are looking at the bottom of the laptop, this information sticker would be next to the where the CD drive is.

Can you check this again for me?

It is ........along with the numbers I sent it says HP Pavillion dv2500

Ok, do you see anything referring to a service tag also? And is the DV2500 the only instance on the sticker, basically there is not a more specific model number?

That is all there is

Ok one last question and I'll be able to give you the correct video drivers for your laptop.

Is the version of Windows 7 on the laptop 32 bit or 64 bit?

If you open the start menu, type system then hit enter, the System Information window will open.

Inside this window on the right window pane, what is listed next to System Type? If it says X86-based PC its 32 bit Windows 7 or if it says X64-based PC its 64 bit Windows 7.

32 bit

Follow this link here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-56224-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=2093&product=3369421&sw_lang=

On this page click on the blue Download button and then choose Run when prompted.

This will install the most recent driver update for your laptop. After installing you will need to restart the computer.

I am posting this as an answer, but please only click on Accept Answer if this fixes the video issue. If it does not fix the video issue, please do not click on Accept Answer and post back here so we can find a better solution.