MY JACK WORKS 5MINUTES AND THEN NO DIAL TONE

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/14/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ben M, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Ben M
Ben M, Computer Support Specialist
Hello:

Thank You for contacting Just Answer.

Let's try to reboot your modem and router.

Should be your service boxes from your Internet service provider.

graphic
View Full Image

Your modem may look like this.

Here is what a router looks like:

graphic
View Full Image

Then try to make and receive calls.

Please let me know if this does not work.

Thank You,

Ben

Edited by Ben M on 6/14/2010 at 10:27 PM EST
I HAVE TWO MAGIC JACKS 1 LINE WORKS THE OTEHR DOES NOT WORK AFTER 5 MINUTES
Hello:

Ok, are these on the same machine?

Or do you have them on separate computers?

Thank You,

Ben
1 MAGIC JACK IS PLUGED INTO 1 COMPUTER AND THE OTHER IS PLUGED INTO ANOTHER COMPUTER WITH A LINE GOING TO 2 PHONES 2 LINES IN EACH OFFICE THIS HAS BEEN WORKING FINE FOR THE PAST 5 MONTHS
Hello:

Ok, Did you try rebooting your equipment?

Router, Modem, MagicJack etc?

Also did you try rebooting the computer?

Thank You,

Ben
YES
YES I NEED A REPLACEMENT
Hello:

Right click on my computer on your desktop.

Select properties.

Go to Hardware, select Device Manager.

Click on the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Right click on the Universal Host Controller. Go to "Uninstall"

Restart the computer.

Let me know if this does not work.

Thank You,

Ben
AT WHAT POINT WILL YOU COME TO A CONCLUSION THAT THE JACK NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. I HAVE CHANGED LINES WHEN LINE 1 DOES NOT WORK I PLUG IT IN LINE 3 THEN LINE 3 DOES NOT WORK AND LINE 1 WORKS.
Hello:

Ok, yes the device could be damaged.

Here is the link to the MagicJack website.

http://www.magicjack.com/1/customercare.asp

Thank You,

Ben