I have a lenova laptop. I can project a wmv file on my laptop…

Customer Question
I have a lenova laptop...
I have a lenova laptop. I can project a wmv file on my laptop screen and onto a projector screen while just using media player(clone mode) but the same file embedded in powerpoint causes the video to only play on one screen or the other, not both.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/14/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ben M, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Ben M
Ben M, Computer Support Specialist
Hello:

Thank You for contacting Just Answer.

To add Video Clips in Powerpoint:

To add in a picture select Insert > Movies and Sounds > Movie From File

Video is not embedded into the presentation - only linked. This means that if you email the presentation then the video will not work. The solution to this is to email both the video and the presentation at the same time.

If you are including video clips into a presentation make sure that they are short and snappy. We find that up to 45 seconds works best. We find that audiences typically get very twitchy after watching 60 seconds of video. If you have a longer clip the we suggest that you cut it down to shorter clips.

There are a lot of software packages that will enable you to cut down a video clip in length. Perhaps the most popular is Windows Movie Maker. This is included in the latest version of Windows XP and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...r/default.mspx

Thank You,

Ben
Did you read my question. I can embed videos just fine. They play just fine on the laptop screen, and powerpoint plays on both screens in clone mode except for videos - which only show up as a black box
Hello:

What version of PowerPoint are you running?

Goto Help about?

Thank You,

Ben
2007
Tech Support Specialist: Over-Certified PC Tech, Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Over-Certified PC Tech
Over-Certified PC Tech, Computer Systems Analyst
Hi.

Videos not playing in the projector from a laptop is pretty common from PowerPoint. It's due to the hardware acceleration ability within the video card itself (laptops don't have that powerful of video cards since they don't need the expansion). The quickest fix is usually setting the projector itself as your primary display device through Windows.

Please take a look at http://pptfaq.com/FAQ00467.htm and try the solution here. If this helps, which I'm sure it will, let me know by accepting the answer. If it doesn't, please let me know so I can further help you.

Thank you

XXXXX XXXXX