We have Quicken Deluxe 2009 installed on a machine with Windows…

Customer Question
We have Quicken Deluxe 2009...
We have Quicken Deluxe 2009 installed on a machine with Windows Vista. I would like to move these files to a different machine which runs on Windows XP. How can I get the files to open.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/14/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mike D - Computer/Electronics, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Mike D - Computer/Electronics
Mike D - Computer/Electronics, Information Systems Manager

Hello Shannon!

There may be an error with the backup you created. Make sure you are using the same version of quick on both computers. The one your using the backup on can be a newer version, but not an older version.

Make sure that when you do the backup, no other programs are running.

You can use this site for instructions straight from Intuit, make sure your doing your backup exactly as they say, or there may be errors in the backup that will prevent you from backing up your files.

http://web.intuit.com/support/quickpayroll/faqs/1128.html

Give it a shot and let me know what happens!