In iTunes, I now have lots of duplicates. My playlists also…

Customer Question
In iTunes, I now have...
In iTunes, I now have lots of duplicates. My playlists also contain many songs with the ! designation. I need to devise a strategy for printing out problems (like a complete listing of playlists), then erase/merge duplicate and restore the playlists. The best would be if there is a merge function which would include playlist ties. Oddly, the unfindable songs are still playable on my iPod. Is there a way to transfer them back to the computer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/14/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

Yes you can transfer back them to computer, there are two ways:

1. Using a software like copytrans: http://www.copytrans.net/

2. Without using any software: http://lifehacker.com/105256/how-to-copy-songs-from-your-ipod-to-your-pc or

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/07/16/copy-or-transfer-music-and-songs-from-ipod-to-pc-and-computer-without-itunes/ or

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-move-music-from-your-ipod-to-your-pc-in-5-easy-steps/

Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions.

This is not an answer to my question. I asked you the following:

1. How can I effieciently print out lists of my playlists? I have about 50 of them and don't want to print them one at a time.

2. Is it possible to merge duplicate songs, maintaining the existing linkages to playlists?

I would be willing to purchase special software to aid me in these tasks as long as it is guaranteed to work. I have about 5,000 songs and many of them are duplicates and triplicates.

Sorry but you asked "Is there a way to transfer them back to the computer? ", thats what I answered. I am opting out and releasing it for other experts.