For Online Computer Support, Ask a Computer Technician
Open the message from the Outbox and close it again.
Put Outlook in offline mode. To do this go to File-> Work Offline. Now restart Outlook and see if you can sent it (you can try this in combination with method 1). Don’t forget to put Outlook back On-line again.
1. Start affected outlook in the safe mode, see if you can reproduce issue <Start->Run->outlook /safe>
Notes: It will isolate the issue that caused by 3rd party add-ins
2. Please reproduce issue, after mail stuck in, click any folder once, and check if mail has been sent
3. After reproduce issue, see if there’s any related log in the application log of affect PC
4. Right-click affected user’s “Sent Items” folder, select “Properties”, check “Show total number of items”, see if the number reached 16,384
5. Ensure NIC setting on the affected PC is “100Mb/Full Duplex”
I tried Method 1 and Method 2 and it did not work.
I do not know how to do Method 3. I don't have a start button. there is a large button at the bottom. When I click on it there is internet explorer, then outlook, but if I click on it, I don't see a start button or a run option. please advise.
Sorry for the delayed response. Today is the first time I saw your response. My internet service provider is Time Warner (Road Runner in Kansas City.)
smtp-server.kc.rr.com is my outgoing server setting.
Thanks for your quick response. As you can imagine, i am quite frustrated with not being able to send emails.
I also am getting notices to sign in with network password. The password XXXXX XXXXX filled in. I have deleted it and typed it in again but it just reappears. so what's the deal with that?