H P Pavilion 500s bought 2002 HP Pavilion 500s

Customer Question
H P Pavilion 500s bought...
H P Pavilion 500s bought 2002

HP Pavilion 500s bought 2002 sys no.p7495a
boots up error message. can't get into system recovery or any software program.
do you have a system recovery disk for this windows XP operating system?
[email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Tech Support Specialist: NeOh, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Computer Software Engineer

What error message you are getting ?

Thanks
Shidhin
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

This is how to put the computer back to factory settings without even needed those disc...

1) Turn on the computer

2) Press and Hold F11 to start the recovery process

I have already tried the F11 key and nothing happened.

This looks like a major corruption of the hidden partition which contains the recover software however in this case if you go for individual os disk then you have to purchase other softwares individually as well and that will cost you a whole lot of money to avoid paying high you can order a factory restore disk from HP i am giving the link all you need to do is open and get it from them which will be a minimal cost and that will have os and all factory installed software which came with the computer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00810334&dlc=en

All the best any more question please do ask.

Your information was helpful. I intend to order the disk you recommended. Thank you.
Thank you considering the answer however if you accept then only i will have the credit to the question and in case you have any more question you may ask as well.
I got ahold of HP and they said there was no recovery disk available for a computer of that age. That I would have to input all new software.....and the cost would be prohibitive. And it would be more cost effective to purchase a new unit.

So.........not the answer I was hoping for. But at least I now know that when I distroy this unit that it truly was the correct decision.

Thanks for your help.
To be precise i would say go for a new system rather purchasing os driver and other softwares will cost you of a new system.
I signed up with your service in order to "fix" my computer and get it running. Your advise to use F11 did not help. I found out later that it should actually have been F10. Then your recommendation to email HP did nothing to determine the solution. They said on their computer disk charts there were no recovery disks available.

I then took it upon myself to call HP personally. In talking to the agent there he informed me that there were no disks available for older computers.

Therefore, none of the advise given to me was helpful. I was told it would be less expensive to purchase a new computer.