email can not log on to outlook express

Customer Question
email can not log on to outlook express
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/14/2010
Tech Support Specialist: bineesh, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Is there any error message is coming what error..

Which Operating System you are using..

Let me know these information's I can help you on this..
outlook express will not open. says the idenity login could not be started . some componenents are either missing or incorrectly confiqured
  1. Download the Force Identity Logon script.

2. Run the script to access the Identities Manager.

3. Create a new Identity, then switch to it when prompted.

4. If you have previously exported your accounts settings to XXXXX files (*.iaf), cancel the Add Account wizard that will start automatically. Then click Tools| Accounts and use the Import button to import each of your exported *.iaf files.

5. If you have not previously exported your account settings, follow the wizard to set up your basic email account.

If you cannot run the Identities Manager and OE still will not start, the damage in the registry is more extensive and requires more drastic steps. Windows start ->run type Regedit and export the entire HKCU\Identities key, then delete it. Double-click the saved *.reg file you exported and then try opening OE. If OE still fails to open, export each sub key HKCU\Identities\{GUID} sub-key to its own *.reg file, then delete the entire HKCU\Identities key again. Double-click each of the GUID *.reg files and then Open OE. The New Account wizard will begin, but just click cancel, as you are going to bypass this first default Identity. Click File| Identities| Manage Identities and try switching to your old Identity. If this is successful, you can then delete the new empty Identity from the Manage Identities dialogue. If this fails and OE will still not start, you will have to again delete the HKCU\Identities key, open OE, set up a new Identity and import your mail folders from the previous Identity. More information, including detailed instructions, can be found in the MS Knowledge Base article Cannot Start Outlook Express .

Please follow the steps to slove this issue..

Hello

Let me know is this worked for you..or else do you need any further assistance on this problem.

Please don't forget to hit ACCEPT so I can get credit for my work. Give a Positive Feedback and Bonus will be highly appreciated Thank you Bineesh