Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

On google voice Just signed up for a number . Confused as

Customer Question

On google voice: Just signed up for a number . Confused as to how to add #'s and whether they all ring at once?....also switching tween calls from one phone to another.Also if someone calls google # XXXXX europe is it just like a normal international price for them?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 8 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be working with you today on your question!

Welcome to Google Voice, I love the service and have been using it for quite some time. Once you login to google voice, click on settings in the top right. You can now click the Phone tab and "Add another phone." Type in the number that you wish Google Voice to forward to. You will need to confirm this number and Google Voice will dial you and you will need to enter the 2 digit confirmation code in order to activate this number. Once you have done so your calls to your Google Voice number will now ring your forwarded number. Yes all the numbers will ring at once, and whoever picks up first gets the call (so I have Google voice forward to both my home phone and my cell phone). You cannot switch calls in real time, so if I picked up a call on my cell, and cannot send it to my home phone and vice versa. Someone calling a Google Number from Europe will be equivalent to calling a US number for the area code your Google phone number is XXXXX; but you placing a call to europe USING Google voice will be at Google Voice's rates. Calls to US and Canada are free through Google Voice, the downside is you will need to dial on voice.google.com and have it ring you (once you pick up it rings your number),

Hope that clarifies things!

If your question becomes or is now satisfactorily resolved please remember to click accept to accept my solution and to have Just Answer pay me for my efforts. Do so only once to resolve your question. Bonuses and positive feedback are also greatly appreciated.

Thank you,