I changed computers and downloader up date to the modem. They…

Customer Question
I changed computers and downloader...
I changed computers and downloader up date to the modem. They gave me a new password XXXXX I cannot use succcessfully. ID [email protected] The password XXXXX gave me was944uv752q34q. It does not work. Can you help? I am locked out of my email at the moment.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/13/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mickey Trivett, Web Designer & Tech. Consultant replied 8 years ago
Mickey Trivett
Mickey Trivett, Web Designer & Tech. Consultant
Chat Conversation Started
Mickey Trivett :

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Who is this with... meaning what company gave you the password?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer:

This was all done through ATT with no live person. When I went to my Att/Yahoo site and started to sign in, it said that new software was necessary. I downloaded that (for the modem I assume). That went fine. They gave me a new password. I either copied it incorrectly or it doesn't work. I am now locked out of email with ATT/Yahoo.

Customer:

How do I send this?

Mickey Trivett :

OK please give me one moment to look at something... what is the end of your email address is it @yahoo.com or @att.net

Mickey Trivett :

How do you send what...

Mickey Trivett :

dont give me your full adress as it will be blocked

Mickey Trivett :

i just need the ending

Customer:

it is actually bellsouth.net - att has several domains

Mickey Trivett :

ok please give me a moment to look into

Customer:

no problem

Mickey Trivett :

are you able to login to bellsouth but not your email

Customer:

No. It still requires a password.

Mickey Trivett :

ok one second

Customer:

The only site is Yahoo for ATT

Mickey Trivett :

Have you went to this page: https://uversecentral2.att.com/uvp/home/password_reset

Customer:

I have done that several times which finally said, in essence, that I have tried too many times to get the password XXXXX work.

Mickey Trivett :

Well in that case the only way to reset it will be to contact them by phone and speak with customer service.

Mickey Trivett :

I am sorry to tell you that

Customer:

do you have the number?

Mickey Trivett :

One second and I will try and locate it.

Customer:

I cannot find it on their webpages

Mickey Trivett :

It is there but for some reason they have taken it down and put a maintenance page in its place

Mickey Trivett :

and just to think when we need it we cant get it

Mickey Trivett :

im still looking in other places for you

Mickey Trivett :

this is the page the number is XXXXX on

Mickey Trivett :

http://www.att.com/esupport/

Mickey Trivett :

What state are you in

Mickey Trivett :

i need it to get number

Mickey Trivett :

Your zip code will do

Customer:

28212

Mickey Trivett :

Please call 1-877-722-3755.

Mickey Trivett :

dang that was a hard number to get

Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

Visit this link http://helpme.att.net/

Type in your current user name and password XXXXX Type to them that you like a new password XXXXX your account.

Their help page has nothing on this at all so you simply raise a ticket on that page and tell them what you want.

I hope this helps you
Hi I was just wanting to follow up with you and see if you were able to get your problem fixed by calling the Number I provided. Please let me know if you have any further questions . Thank you for your time and have a great night...