I have a problem with the web page - tells me to double click…

Customer Question
I have a problem with...
I have a problem with the web page - tells me to double click warming icon on status bar - object doesn't support properly or method. I cannot find this. Please help me as it is getting harder day by day to get on internet. I get 5 messages before I can proceed and I don't know how to fix.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/13/2010
Tech Support Specialist: T. Sheets, Consultant replied 8 years ago
T. Sheets
T. Sheets, Consultant
Hi, Thanks for using JustAnswer. I'm Tim and I will try to help you today.

Let me try to better understand what you are experiencing. You say you are having trouble loading "the web page". Do you have the problem on a specific web page, or on any web page you try to access?

Also, you say you get 5 or more messages before you can proceed.
Are you experiencing pop-up windows with various messages on top of the web page you are trying to view?

I'll look forward to your answers and we'll get this fixed for you.

Tim
Hi Tim, thanks for responding. I really am not computer literate but will try to explain problem. I sometimes get a full page saying cannot connect to internet at this time. Other times when I click the Internet Explorer Icon I get pop-ups now coming one after the other and I keep closing them and finally get into connection and either get my email or web. When I initiate the connection, the minute timer comes on and this usually meant that a connection is forthcoming. Now, the timer may expire and I have to keep reclicking the internet icon to try for a connection. Some of the pop up messages - "problem with web page, double click warning icon (I do not know what or where this is) on status bar. It continues, object doesn't support properly or method." When I finally get to ck email, it says I currently have no new mail but when I proceed into email box, I find I have many new emails. I hope you can make some sense of this. Thank you. LAD
These are sure tale signs of spyware. I recommend you go to lavasoft.de and download a free version of the program AdAware. Install it, let it do it's updates, then run a scan (I think they call it "find problems"). Once it's complete, it will list all of the spyware that it finds on your computer. Make sure they are all checked, and tell it to clean, or delete the problems. Then reboot.

This should solve the problem, if not, let me know.

Tim